XENTRY Connect is Mercedes-Bens first interface that provides coverage for Diagnostic over Internet Protocol (DoIP) addressed by the ISO/DIS 13400 standard that leverages the automotive Ethernet bus to provide the required speed and long-term stability.
With the increase in number of ECUs in today’s vehicle platforms, the increasing memory size of the ECUs, and an increasing number of functions provided, the need for higher speed diagnostics that provides a long-term stable external vehicle communication interface is becoming more important.
Diagnostic over Internet Protocol (DoIP)
and performance features of the XENTRY Connect:
• The core element is a PC with an SSD as a robust storage medium on which the diagnostic programs are executed.
• The power supply for the XENTRY Connect occurs
– directly through the vehicle ‘s diagnostic socket (OBD)
– via the battery in the absence of an on-vehicle supply
– with the aid of an external power supply unit included on delivery
• The connection with the XENTRY Tab is
– wireless: via WLAN; a WLAN module is installed
– cable-based: using the enclosed Ethernet connecting cable